Sunday, 21 November 2010

Charlotte Slade
How many prints did you make this week?
I made about four to five prints this week. Which I think that I could have done a few more but now knowing what to do and having a few more ideas, to help me, which also having the midway review helped in what I can do next.
How many of these prints taught you something new this week?
From this I scratched in to the surface of the lino cut instead of cutting through the linocut, and that having to be more firm when scratching into the linocut, which I drew a penile drawing of a sloth, showing the fur with individual pen strokes which I tried to redo on to the linocut, but having to be more firm with the lines then I was, trying to show the lines more pronounced.

Competence in practical printmaking techniques?
I’ve attempt  to show different use of line in linocut than the other prints which I have done, which I feel that I want to work more with and experiment with.
Thoughtful and imaginative use of printmaking?
I’ve started to print onto fabric which, I would want to start working into, by sewing different things into it, so with the sloth ,sew onto the lines of the leaves maybe appliqué other materials in to the print as from reading the book “Printmaking and mixed media” and starting to print on to different backgrounds, which from watching “The Zoo”  on itv (programme about London zoo) and saying how they ask other zoos to borrow their animals, so maybe print on to envelopes with the use of stamps and writing on top of it.
Using research to expand knowledge, enrich thinking and affect your work?
From researching on www.pikaland.com  a blog which shows new artists works and interviews with the artist themselves, I came across two artist swww.emmelineillustration.blogspot.com   I came across her work on the pikaland blog and thought that her work was lovely and just the way how it is. www.christysong.blogspot.com  who have been inspirational to me and given a few ideas of where to take my own ideas, even though that they’re not printmakers, with Christina song’s work collages and just the way how they are presented, and I find them really beautiful to look at and they are inspiration for to create more collages to further my research on the collage idea form Sara Fanelli.Seeing  www.melstringer.blogspot.com/  were she commented on making small rubber stamps, which made think about the size of my animals ,and making small lino cuts to emphize the size of the animals ,so from this I will have to expand on this.
Active participation in the taught lesson?
This week it was the midway review, from which I know where to take my work, as I have to draw more animals, which a useful tip was given to me, by watching nature programmes to draw the animals from ,which there is a the “The Zoo” and that I should look at my work more critically and what I have done.
On Tuesday, the second years had a quest speaker, which we came along to see as well, were it was about books and the way how they were printed and the colours which were important to think about, as of thinking to create my own book in printmaking, but I was thinking about the size mainly, and seeing there, that they had really little books which was lovely to see, and on seeing, that I want to create little book ,having little pokects and hidden things .

No comments:

Post a Comment